How to register your home with The Location Guys!
To register your interest in being part of the The Location Guys portfolio, first we need to see photographs of the space. It is vital that you include a good selection of both interiors and exteriors so that we can accurately assess the possibilities within the location for our clients and the brands we work with.
It is important that images show full rooms where possible. Detailed vignettes make attractive images, but they do not show us what we need to judge the potential of the property.
Don’t worry if you don’t have professional photos. Smart phone images are absolutely fine at this stage.
What we look for in a location
Our portfolio is packed with design-led interiors and properties with architectural detail, but you don’t have to be on Grand Designs to be a successful shoot location.
Here are a few key features required to ensure success:
- Access – good access by road and by rail is essential. Parking is a huge bonus, but for central London properties not a must.
- Decor – attractive furnishings may be used as props, and minimal neutral design is popular because it allows greater flexibility for a brand to transform the space without too much upheaval.
- Floors – wood and hard floors are most popular – unless you have a 60’s masterpiece with an original shag! Parquet, wood, stone/concrete, or painted wood floors are the most in demand.
- Natural light – the ability to shoot in daylight is key – so large windows and ample light is a necessity.
If you feel your property can work well for location hires then please do pop us on email on firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our register location section of our website.
- What To Expect When Using Your Home As a Shoot Location
- Is Your Property Working for You?
- How To Find a Shoot Location
- What is a Location Agency?
- Location Houses for Filming in the UK: An Overview