With so many different companies online and competing for attention and customers, your business needs to make a big splash. One way to do this is with professional product photography.
If you’re ready to take your businesses marketing up a notch, here are some reasons why professional product photography is essential for any online business.
Why is professional photography for your business important?
1. Professional product photography helps to ensure that potential customers can see your products in the best possible light. The lighting of the photo can make it look either too dark or too bright, making it difficult for potential shoppers to know exactly how they should be using them.
2. Professional product photography gives potential customers a great look at how your products can be used. In addition, this type of photography also shows how well your products will hold up over time. With professional product photography, you’re able to present your products so that shoppers are more likely to buy them and use them properly than if they were being sold without photos at all.
3. Professional product photography can also help you sell more than you could if you only had photos on your website or social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Since people can view these sites on their computers or mobile devices, they can see your products in a much more realistic light than they would if they were only looking at photos on the web.
4. Professional product photography is also important because it helps you market your products more effectively. Since people can view your products in a realistic setting, it’s easier for them to visualise the product in use and see how well they will fit into their homes and offices.
5. With professional product photography, potential customers can see exactly what they’re buying before they buy it. There is no ambiguity.
Steps to take when choosing the right photographer
When choosing the best product photographer for your business, there are several things to consider.
Check out their portfolios, and be sure to ask about their work in your industry before hiring them.
If possible, try to find a local photographer who can travel relatively short distances (you don’t want them traveling distances so that they can take photos of your products.) Also, it may be worth asking around at local colleges or photography classes to see if someone would be willing to do some work for you.
3. Its Not Always the Equipment
If you’re looking for a photographer who has a lot of expensive equipment, don’t be fooled into thinking that they’ll produce better photographs. In most cases, better quality equipment does not make for better work.
Take some time to marry up their portfolios and quotes before making a decision.
How many years they have been working on product photography and see if it matches the experience you are seeing from their portfolio and online reviews. You could also be happy to try a entry level photographer who will grow with your business.
A successful shoot
Depending on your agreed shoot the one thing that you need to have in place on the day is the products. Don’t waste billable time by not having your products ready, whether that’s boxed and ready to ship or showroom ready at your location.
- Product Photography 101
- Commercial Photography 101
- Using a Photo Studio For Your Next Shoot
- Why Use a Photography Studio
- Year in Focus Comparing Brand Photography Styles